The BigSQL developer’s bundle has added a significant new component: Cassandra 2.0.4. All of the bundles and VM’s now allow developers to get up and running with the latest Hadoop ecosystem and Cassandra. Join our free Beta program now!
As a significant number of our clients are leveraging Cassandra for Highly Available Multi Partition solutions, it was a natural fit to add to our bundle.
In addition to Cassandra the latest beta includes all of the standard BigSQL components and many enhancements:
- Continued HadoopFDW development (Postgres – Hadoop Foreign data wrapper) fixes and improvements
- JDK 7 is now a pre-req on all platforms
- upgrade PostgreSQL from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2
- upgrade DataFu from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0
- upgrade PostgresqlStudio from 1.0 to 1.1
- upgrade Hue from 3.0.0 to 3.5.
- autostart Oozie & Hue in the vm
- upgrade Sqoop from 1.4.4 to 1.99.3 (and autostart it)
- include pgTSQL functionality from tpostgresq.org
- compact our quickstart virtual machine from 3 GB to 1.5 GB
- configure eclipse for hadoop in the vm